In the past few years, there have been drastic changes on the internet. For instance, we have found more profitable uses for the social media. When people discovered that the capacity of the internet to further business is immense, so many businesses flocked to the internet world to take its advantage. Here are some of the things we have discovered just recently.
• In 2010, the number of people using the internet increased by 14% worldwide. That means that the internet has not gone saturated. No, it’s not reaching a plateau in terms of influx of users. Surveys say that the population of people going online is increasing.
• If you think internet usage is concentrated in the western world, think again. The number of internet goers has climbed to a little over 63 million in the Middle East. That dramatic rise occurred last year—2010.
• As the number of people using the internet increases, the number of sites also does. Last year there were already nearly 89 million registered domain names.
• Blogs are easy to construct compared to websites. Many people enjoy blogging as a means of expressing themselves, and many of them do so for commercial purposes. Professionals handling social media services resort to blogging as a strategy to sell online. By 2010, there are already 152 million blogs created.
• Youtube is a popular video sharing site, watched by more than 2 billion people in a day. The number of users uploading videos for web marketing purposes is also increasing. Even small business owners have taken advantage of the growing user base on YouTube.
• Flickr is a popular social site where you can share photos. Did you know that there are a hundred and thirty million photos uploaded on Flickr each month? Flickr is the leader in photo sharing, and no other social media site comes close to it in terms of number of photo uploads.
• Facebook is one of the most popular social sites. Surveys suggest that there could more videos watched on Facebook than on YouTube. What we know is that there are about 20 million applications installed on Facebook everyday.
• By the end of December 2010, there were already over 250 million websites on the internet. However, not all these sites are viewed by people. Over 80 percent of traffic goes to sites on the first page of search engines. That’s why many website owners want to get their sites on the first page of search engines for greater traffic.
• Social media marketing can be overwhelming, and some even think it’s a waste of time. But people delivering social media services understand the efficiency of social media marketing. At the same time, they are aware of the repercussions of careless use of soci