The virtual assistance industry teems with talents all over the world, as the number of virtual assistant positions increase by the day. Virtual assistance is too popular nowadays to ignore. Clients have become aware of the existence of these remote working professionals. Some of them work as freelance assistants. Others are part of an agency that offers services to other companies. Professionals can now be provided by various agencies so you don’t need to do the hiring yourself. What are the common virtual assistant positions available today?
1. Customer support specialist – Many large and even small business owners have subcontracted customer support to low charging agencies overseas. Statistics have shown that customers generally have similar complains, and responding to their concerns can be done in systematic ways. Customer service and technical support representatives can be trained to deal with customers—even the irate ones.
2. Website designer – Many clients need people to create their websites, as website creation is a task that can be too complicated for inexperienced people. Many clients don’t know how to make a website and so they ask others to do it. There is no need to hire one in town because there are low-charging professionals online who can do the job.
3. Writer – Being a writer is a prolific virtual assistant position. Many people who have limited technological skills but have good linguistic aptitude are fit as writers. Many clients hire them to generate articles for marketing and content for websites and blogs. Many writers are also assigned to work on product descriptions and reviews. Others spin articles to recycle old ones. Many writers also do online editing and proofreading.
4. Search engine optimization specialist – SEO is a process of increasing a website’s position on search engine results list. This is important because it is theoretically understood that the website’s ranking has to do with traffic volume. If your website is the first item on Google search result, it has greater volume of traffic than any website below it. SEO is a complicated task done by people who use both systematic and creative ways to increase a website’s ranking on search engines.
5. Virtual administrative assistant – This is another popular online assistant position. Professionals offering this service are ideal for clients on the go and for entrepreneurs without physical office facility. These clients cannot have an in-house secretary who can take care of their schedules, appointments, and documents. A virtual administrative assistant can also carry out other tasks like writing notes and letters or emailing relevant files.
Other virtual assistant positions include medical transcriptionist, legal transcriptionist, remote accountant, remote bookkeeper, link builder, and social media marketer. The number of tasks that can be farmed out to distant professionals is growing. As the virtual assistance industry grows so does the number of virtual assistant positions available. Experts agree that the benefits of this development outweigh the drawbacks.