Social media marketing services are more popular than ever because everyone seems to think that taking their business to the worldwide web can increase their profits. Here are some things you need to know about social media marketing.
1. Statistics show that the top ten countries with most active social media users are Australia, United States, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Brazil, Germany, France, Switzerland, and Japan. Many of the social media users actually do business online, marketing their products and services to people. At the same time, many people provide social media marketing services for business owners.
2. Blogging is a popular social media marketing strategy. Right now, more than 180 millions blogs exist. Many of these are used to promote various businesses. More than half of bloggers (54%) post content or post tweets everyday. What’s more interesting is that a little over a third of bloggers (34%) actually post whatever they have to say about products. Brand owners can quickly see product feedback through regular monitoring.
3. However, the effectiveness of marketing over the internet is still a controversial matter. More than three quarters of consumers still trust recommendations from colleagues and friends. Only 14% trust ads.
4. We are also seeing a decline in the effectiveness of TV ads. Less than 20% of TV ads generate return of investment (ROI). Well, that’s because people are spending less time watching TV. The internet has stolen some TV watching time. It’s quite a diversion.
5. The radio may be reaching the ends of its terms. Of all advertising media, radio channels are the least opted. That’s probably because very few people are listening to radio nowadays.
6. Mobile marketing has taken off and may become even more commonplace in the coming years. People can now access the internet on their mobile phones. What’s staggering is about 80% of twitter usage happens on mobile phones. Internet-enabled handsets allow people to be online anytime, anywhere. Marketers are seeing this as an advantage for them.
7. Majority of Linkedin users are Americans. That’s roughly 50% of the users. So the other half are from different countries outside the US. Social media is invading the whole world and becoming available for various nationalities.
8. More people are becoming prolific on social media. For instance, the amount of activity on Twitter has increased so dramatically in a span of 4 years, from 50 thousand tweets per day in 2007 to 50 million a day in 2010!
9. Video marketing is an important aspect of social media marketing services. A staggering 24 hours of video—on the average—is uploaded on YouTube every minute. These videos may include personal videos of members, concert clips, music videos, how-to guides, product demos, and advertisements.